Tuesday, February 27, 2007

Shopsy's

This is a little landmark at Bay and Front, that's been there forever. Something easy to slip into when you've just been to the St Lawrence Centre or the Hummingbird, and just can't face going to the Spaghetti Factory. However, both restos do have that adolescent nostalgia feel about them; I haven't been to either since high school.
Companion ordered the Cabbage Rolls Royce; didn't feel so smart after a gigantic cabbage roll, sour cream, potato latke, vegetables, and a Manhattan chowder all showed up on the table. Food here is pretty much home-style cookin'; I got a veggie wrap with a fruit cup, which made much more sense considering it was already 10pm when we got to dinner. So I don't have much to report on my food, since it wasn't terribly different than if I'd made it at home myself... However, the entertainment value of watching dining companion trying to finish all their food, and the nostalgia factor of sitting in one of Shopsy's booths, made it worthwhile going....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home