Monday, August 07, 2006

Biryani House

A second floor open space resto that overlooks... a parking lot and Wellesley subway station.... well, I guess it still has a 'view' technically...
We ordered the prix fixe menu after our persuasive waitress suggested it would be a better deal... I sputtered, telling her that I wasn't a bit fan of pakora, nor of gulab jamun, for that matter, but said that I would be in for a treat nonetheless... did in fact, order a mango lassi, which was sweet but also spicy with just the right amount of cardamom... the pakoras were actually GOOD! I was surprised... presentation was also a plus, as it came with pappadum (also, not one of my favorite foods). Ate chola with garlic naan, which just made you go Mmmmmm, nummy nummy in my tummy, and served a pistachio and cardamom infused cheesecake for dessert, which also was quite tasty...
Quite a good deal for the prix fixe... our waitress was right after all.... quite impressive, as it's the first Indian resto I've been in since returning from the land itself (and temporarily swearing off paneer for the rest of my life...) and I actually enjoyed eating, a lot!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home