Saturday, March 25, 2006

Korean Grill House

So, despite the 60 year plan, and the fact that this is a Chinese invention, I went to the Korean Grill House for someone's birthday. The men were quite happy with this. Essentially, for those of you who don't know, apparently, Korean people have gas grills in the middle of their dining room tables and they try to eat as much meat from as many different animals as humanly possible. There is, of course, always the requisite small dishes of kimchi and daikon, but, essentially, you go for the meat.
And, meat we had. I must say, I quite enjoyed the salmon, white fish and squid that they had, as well as the chicken. They do, of course, also have bulgogi and kalbi as well, which everyone enjoyed in great abundance. I must admit, it's great value for the price, and I'm very glad that the birthday celebrant liked their choice of restaurant, but I still can't get over the fact that every time (though admittedly, it's a very scant number) I go to a Korean BBQ, it's always Cantonese voices I hear amongst the waiters and the kitchen staff... :P
Overall, though, an enjoyable evening. Definitely an excellent choice for those who enjoy a variety of God's good animal creatures, bad for those who just like His plant friends... :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home